Monday, December 23, 2013

December 24, 2013 - Update




First off, I am excited about my upcoming portrait painting class at the Woodstock School of Art starting on January 8th, 2014 from 1:00 - 4:00 pm. So will be refining plans for that in the next few weeks. Click HERE for info.

I am also pleased with my latest 12x12 - the model is Naoko, who is also a painter.


My other plan for the hols is to finish my unfinished paintings. One painting done and ensconsed in its new home is "Trey" - a full length portrait of my good friend and radio documentary-maker extraordinaire, Trey Kay. The painting + detail images are now added to my Portraits Portfolio on the website but am including one here too and a photo of the portrait with Trey - not a very good quality photo alas.




My biggest bugbear right now is a profile portrait I am working of the beautiful Phillis Kelly. This is where it is right now. The thing with profiles is that there is no room for fudging. It is what it is. I hope to make an animated slide show of the various morphings that this piece will have gone through before it is finished. Well, that's it for now, dear Phan.

No comments:

Post a Comment